Whatever kind of business you have, Christmas is a great time to think about giving something back to your clients, customers, students or subscribers. Adding value to your product or service will build trust in you and your brand. So this Christmas, think not what can my customers give me, but what can I give to my customers? Here are five ways to make your clients feel warm and twinkly this festive season.
1) Give a free talk. Think about local groups that could benefit from your unique knowledge and whether the talk could have a Christmas theme. At the talk offer the chance to sign up to your mailing list for more tips and advice, or perhaps offer limited places on a paid-for workshop.
2) Bundle in a free gift. If your customer is already buying from you, bundle in a seasonal free gift. Think about what could be low cost or simple for you to add. The customer will be delighted if they perceive they are getting some extra value.
3) Write a blog. Give your potential customers regular content, news, advice and tips. They will enjoy getting to know you and your unique expertise. Not sure how to start? Try this book, Blogging: The Essential Guide. It was written by my “blogging friends” Erica and Antonia, who taught me all of the blogging basics when I started my freelance blogging business several years ago. You can also offer a free e-book from your blog, to get people to sign up to your mailing list.
4) Seasonal Greetings. If you have a mailing list send out greetings cards or e-cards to thank people for their business. If you have no mailing list but do have business premises a big poster thanking “all our customers” may be appropriate.
5) Christmas Event. And finally, if you have your own premises invite everyone round for a special offer purchase, and a mince pie with mulled wine. For example, mumpreneur Claire of Flux Piercing regularly holds “piercing parties” in her shop in south east England. What could you offer your clients?
Offer extra value, surprise your clients, and spread some goodwill! Why not turn some of your existing content into an audio product for your customers this Christmas? Get started with this free training: Create an Audio Download in 60 Minutes or Less.